What is a Development Audit?
Non-profit consultants bring great value to an organization as it allows for a fresh perspective to be placed on the fundraising and exposure efforts at the organization. Our focus will be to assess the good, the bad, the opportunities and the challenges of your current fundraising program and the complementary marketing and communications efforts. A development audit should cover every aspect of your development or fundraising operation.
A Development Audit will include:
- Analyze Historic Fundraising Data
- Using the Fundraising Fitness test, review and present fundraising trends for the organocation reviewing the last 60 months of data. We will then provide strategic recommendations to enhance this revenue stream.
- Review the organization’s donor pyramid
- Review giving by constituency
- Review giving by source
- Review giving by channel
- Interviews with key stakeholders including members of your Board of Directors, staff, volunteers and previous donors.
- Review of your organization’s current strategic plan, if one exists. Particular attention is given to the high-level objectives that relate to fundraising and complementary marketing and communications efforts;
- Review current annual operating plan for fundraising, marketing and communications efforts;
- Review of your organization’s legal compliance with IRS and state regulations as it relates to charitable fundraising. In addition, a development audit will ensure compliance with federal and state laws since as HIPPA and FEERPA if applicable;
- Review of your current organizational chart, staff positions and job duties as well as strengths and weaknesses of the current staff;
- Review of current members of the Board of Directors including strengths and weaknesses of the current board, a needs assessment for board recruitment;
- Review current Case for Support. If one does not exist, assist the organization with the creation of a written Case for Support;
- Review of current database and the data held within. We will suggest modifications and\or enhancements;
- Review of gift procession policies, procedures, metrics and standards. If these do not exist, we will provide the template for these policies;
- Review Stewardship and Donor recognition policies;
- Review Gift Acceptance Policy. If this does not exist, we will provide the template for this policy.
At the conclusion of this data gathering process, we will provide a written report highlight program strengths and opportunities, make recommendations regarding board member recruitment and governance issues and provide strategies to enhance operational effectiveness.
Additional deliverables will include a fundraising forecast based on data and prospects and assistance in creating or revising your annual integrated fundraising, marketing and communications plan.
$2,500, including travel to site for two full days to perform interviews of key staff and leadership, review materials and gather data. Given the current travel limitations due to COVID-19, a virtual process is available.
Email us at email@example.com to begin a discussion!